I had tried the kam heong chicken for the first time at KL. I found it tasty and wished to try out. Here's the recipe I found online:
Kam Heong Chicken Recipe:
Now, here are the ingredients you'll need:
# For the sauce paste:
- 50g of dried shrimp (soften and finely chopped)
- 7 to 8 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1.5 tablespoon of curry powder (any brand)
- 3 to 4 stalks of curry leaves
- 4 chili padi (depends on how hot u wan it to b)
- 2.5 tablespoon oyster sauce
- A little of dark soy sauce
- Sugar for taste
# For chicken marinade:
- soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Corn flour
- Sesame oil
# Below are the steps to prepare the kam heong chicken:
- First you'll need to prepare the sauce and marinade the chicken
- After preparing the ingredients for the sauce, first heat up the wok with 4 tablespoon of oil. If you're a health conscious person, then you can reduce the oil amount. After the oil is hot, stir-fry the dried shrimp until the fragrant is up. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Then, add in the shallots, garlic, curry powder, oyster sauce, curry leaves, chillies, dark soy sauce for colouring and abit sugar to taste.
- Saute all for few minutes
- Then, your sauce is done!
- Ok, you should marinade your chicken for at least 30 minutes to make sure it has taste!
- Well, again heat up oil in your wok.
- Once, it's hot, you and start frying your chicken until golden brown or cook
- When it's done, remove it and drain from excess oil
- After that, you can start to prepare the sauce. Add abit of oil in your hot wok and then add the sauce paste.
- Stir a while, and add some water. The consistancy should not be too watery or too dry
- Then, mix the paste with water till it's even and add in the fried chicken.
- Stir and mix the sauce with the chicken until the sauce is dry and fully covered the chicken.
- Do not add any salt but bit sugar to taste
- Tadda! You kam heong chicken is done and ready to b served!