- Chicken parts *
- Oyster sauce *
- Sugar *
- Salt *
- Fried chicken flour/corn flour
- Salted duck eggs (yolk only) [3-4 for 1 whole chicken]
- Curry leaves (few stalks)
- Evaporated milk
- Butter or margerine
* are to marinade the chicken
I'm sure most people will dare not try this recipe for health purpose. Salted egg yolk high in cholesterol. But you can still enjoy this recipe the healthier way : eg. Remove all the skin and solid and visible fat from the chicken, or simply just use chicken breast meat. You can also use less egg yolk if you want
- First marinade the chicken with above ingredients for 30 minutes, at least.
- Once ready, coat the chicken with fried chicken flour or corn flour. In the mean time, steam the salted egg yolks till cooked. Once it is done, mash it with fork and set aside
- Heat up oil in your wok and when it's heated, deep fry the chicken parts till golden brown and drain from excess oil
- After all chicken parts are fried, heat up your work with some oil, roughly about 2 table spoon, or you can use butter or margerine for better taste. The amount of fat and oil is various among individuals
- Then, add in the mashed salted egg yolks and stir well till the fragrant is up
- Add in curry leaves and mix. After some time, slowly add in the evaporated milk. Keep stirring to make the liquid dries up faster. Add in more milk if it's too dry.
- Be reminded that the milk with salted egg yolk should not be too thick or too watery before adding the chicken
- Remember to add some sugar and salt to taste.
- Finally add in the fried chicken and keep stirring till the milk dries up. You're done!
Next recipe??? Guess yourself!
p/s: Ain't no other but you baby