Ahhemm...So sorry for neglecting my blog for so long! Haha...Today wanna update on a recipe again. This recipe is specially for those who love broccoli so much...for eg. my own loukong..He loves this broccoli in oyster sauce. Well I must admit this is a very simple dish and I'm sure if I can do it...you can make it too! It's pretty simple btw
Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
- Broccoli (chopped to small pieces)
- Carrot (sliced thin) *
- Garlic (chopped finely)
- Oyster sauce
- Corn flour
- Sugar to taste
* is optional. You can also include some meat in this recipe if u like :)
How to cook??? :
- Firstly you need to boil some water in the wok in order to blanch ur veges [blanch is to fast cook you vege for like 1 minute in boiling water]
- Once the water is boiled, throw in the broccoli. * if you r using carrots too, then first put in the carrots then after few seconds, put in broccoli, this is because carrots are naturally harder
- After you see the bright colours of broccoli is there, drain it from water and set aside
- The heat up the wok and saute the chopped garlic with some oil until it's fragrant. If you are adding meat, then saute it too at this stage till it's cooked
- Add in oyster sauce and some water. The amount of water depends on how much sauce u want for your dish
- Mix the sauce well and let it simmer till boil. Add some sugar for taste. In the mean time, prepare you corn stock [corn flour add with water]
- When the sauce boils, add in the corn stock slowly, while you other hand keep stiring the sauce. The amount of corn stock added depends on the consistency of your sauce
- Once the sauce reaches the consistency that you want, then add in the broccoli and let it simmer till the vege is soft.
- Then, your broccoli in oyster sauce is done!
Will update on pork chop in black pepper sauce recipe soon!